Ideally you will know enough about your board or skis to know exactly what you want in terms of base/edge angles, waxing, structure. Don’t worry if you’re not sure, we can look at the kit and advise.
Basic Pricing – skis & boards
- Clean bases and one coat hot wax, scraped & brushed: £16
- Edge and wax: clean bases, tune edges, one coat hot wax: £25
- Simple base repairs, edge and wax: £35
- Numerous base repairs, refresh base structure, edge and base & hot wax: £50
- Flatten convex/concave bases, structure, edge and base & hot wax: £60
- Big repairs – “core shots” or bent edges – bring them in for a quote but you might just get sympathy
- Want a lesson? Do the work yourself under supervision – £10 surcharge to cover the extra time.
- Second coat of hot wax (ie base coat then top coat): add £3 (included if base restructured)
- Hot wax base clean instead of aqueous degreaser: add £3 (not suitable pre-repairs)
- Pick up/drop off service 15 mile radius of Aberdeen, home or office: add £10
- Express service Friday or Saturday night – drop off before 1800 hrs pick up at 2100 hrs or early next morning – subject to availability – add £15
Lessons typically take 90 mins to 2 1/2 hours depending on the work to be done. Available any time, any day, subject to availability – get in touch to find out more: 07736 143836; email@example.com
Discounts are available for Aberdeen Snowsports Club members – 10% off on presentation of membership card.
Students get an extra 10% discount – that’s a whopping 20% off the prices above – if they can find their abdnsnow uni club cards.
Returning Customers get a 10% discount because kit that has been fettled by me once is much easier to service the second time.
We have a range of waxes but we only stock hydrocarbon waxes – Dominator Zoom base renew (purple) & universal (lime) -10 to zero degrees C ; Racewax Indoor Snow (black with graphite); Holmenkol Alphamix (warm snow) & Betamix (cold snow). If you want to use fluorocarbon wax or additives you’ll have to bring them in as they’re too expensive to buy on spec.
P-tex repairs are performed with a base doc gas iron not a candle for extra control.
Convex base flattening & cutting structure are done with the SkiVisions structure tool.